Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why sometimes my green light always on?

Sometimes after I make a video call my green light is always on why is that.

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 7:05 AM

The green light indicates that an app has used, or is using, your camera. This is completely normal during and after a FaceTime call, or a video call via e.g. Skype or Zoom.

The green light disappears automatically after some time. Alternatively, you can close the app that used or uses your camera. You can also see which app has used your camera by pulling down the Control Center and looking at the top.

You can find more information here:

About the orange and green indicators in your iPhone status bar - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2023 7:05 AM in response to Pasindu01

The green light indicates that an app has used, or is using, your camera. This is completely normal during and after a FaceTime call, or a video call via e.g. Skype or Zoom.

The green light disappears automatically after some time. Alternatively, you can close the app that used or uses your camera. You can also see which app has used your camera by pulling down the Control Center and looking at the top.

You can find more information here:

About the orange and green indicators in your iPhone status bar - Apple Support

Why sometimes my green light always on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.