Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Tab Groups

Creating tab groups in Safari … does doing so avoid signing in every time ?

Are they similar to bookmarks folders ? Where will the tab group be displayed ?

While browsing , can I save my place / page , in other words , I tap on a question and then go back … the posts start all over again . More filters like by date , etc. ?

🌐

iPad (9th generation)

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 6:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 12:01 PM

SteelCityAnne wrote:

I meant that if I leave the browsing page to answer a question in this community , when I come back , the results page starts from the beginning ( 1st post) again … not that important .

If you command-click on the link to the question, you can have it open in a new tab. That leaves the original page undisturbed. I find it much easier that way.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2023 12:01 PM in response to SteelCityAnne

SteelCityAnne wrote:

I meant that if I leave the browsing page to answer a question in this community , when I come back , the results page starts from the beginning ( 1st post) again … not that important .

If you command-click on the link to the question, you can have it open in a new tab. That leaves the original page undisturbed. I find it much easier that way.

Mar 22, 2023 8:55 AM in response to SteelCityAnne

SteelCityAnne wrote:

Creating tab groups in Safari … does doing so avoid signing in every time ?

That is going to depend on the website. Some websites log you out as soon as you close out of the site. Some log you out after a certain period of time. Creating a tab group will not change that in any way.

While browsing , can I save my place / page , in other words , I tap on a question and then go back … the posts start all over again . More filters like by date , etc. ?

Are you talking about a particular site? What do you mean "the posts start over again"? Is this while you are typing in a field? Or something else. I don't know that it's possible to filter tab groups in anyway.

Mar 22, 2023 6:56 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Yes , have the link open in a new tab , that will eliminate most of my grief . I found some directions on " creating a tab group " … now I know that all of the tabs in the group need to be open before selecting " new tab group " . I regret not looking for answers first , I played with it until I was totally agitated , then I came here .

Thank you Idris , once again . Kudos to you for all of your contributions here in this community for such a long time .

🧐

Safari Tab Groups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.