Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing screen time pass code not working with AppleID and password

I have followed all the steps for for changing my screen time passcode. I hit forgot passcode and follow the steps to enter my appleID and password. It does not work. iphone continues to register failed attempts. I am now locked out for 60 minutes

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 11:53 AM

MrAggie2U wrote:

I have followed all the steps for for changing my screen time passcode. I hit forgot passcode and follow the steps to enter my appleID and password. It does not work. iphone continues to register failed attempts. I am now locked out for 60 minutes

If using your apple id doesn't work, this is the next step If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2023 11:53 AM in response to MrAggie2U

MrAggie2U wrote:

If using your apple id doesn't work, this is the next step If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Mar 22, 2023 12:49 PM in response to MrAggie2U

MrAggie2U wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

This is not my iphone passcode. I know that and use it every time I open my phone and I use a 6 digit code for that.

This is the screen time passcode. It only uses a 4 digit code. I chatted with support, and they think I should restore factory setting and then restore my phone from a backup

Yea I know exactly your issue and I provided the next step you need to do, what support told you is exactly the link I posted for you. You have to restore as NEW and not from backup, that will bring back the screentime passcode that you don't know.

Changing screen time pass code not working with AppleID and password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.