Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unwanted change for inbound email font.

I'm using Ventura, Mac Mini. I changed the font I'm using for composing and sending emails from Trebuchet to Comic Sans.

But without making any other changes, a number of the emails I'm receiving are also now showing up in Comic Sans (since these come from personal and business sources they can't suddenly all be using Comic Sans).

Any suggestion on how I can have inbound emails appear in the font in which they were composed/sent?

Thank you very much.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 11:15 AM

MichaelJonas wrote:

Any suggestion on how I can have inbound emails appear in the font in which they were composed/sent?

No. For that to happen, the sender has to use "rich text" (html) email, where the font they used is specified by codes inside the message. If the sender uses "plain text" instead, it is the font you chose locally which is used for the text, since the incoming has no indication of what font the sender used.

Note that Apple Mail itself sends email in plain text by default, regardless of your preference settings, so your recipients will normally see it in a font they have chosen locally.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2023 11:15 AM in response to MichaelJonas

MichaelJonas wrote:

No. For that to happen, the sender has to use "rich text" (html) email, where the font they used is specified by codes inside the message. If the sender uses "plain text" instead, it is the font you chose locally which is used for the text, since the incoming has no indication of what font the sender used.

Note that Apple Mail itself sends email in plain text by default, regardless of your preference settings, so your recipients will normally see it in a font they have chosen locally.

Unwanted change for inbound email font.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.