Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The message on the start up screen: unrecoverable error ….please help

Hi thanks very much for looking at this message:

My iMac (intel based) won’t start by pressing the power bottom for 10 seconds.

The message on the start up screen:

unrecoverable error: SecurityAgent was unable to create requested mechanism TeamViewerAuthPlugin: start

I uninstalled the TeamViewer which I no longer use last week - it seems where the trouble is from 🥹.

Any clue is much appreciated.

Emma

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 11:43 AM

Sounds like a software conflict of some sort.

If a simple reboot of your Mac doesn’t fix things, see if the problem still happens in Safe mode (press and hold the shift key down at startup). It can take much longer to safe boot (10 min) so be patient.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support 

If the Mac will boot in Safe mode, then I suggest you delete or uninstall the TeamViewer software while you're logged in that mode.

Safe mode is non-destructive to user data. It’s not a cure-all, but very often corrects  weird software behavior. When you're in safe boot, the machine will not be at its best performance, especially with graphics, but that's expected.

Exit safe mode by restarting your Mac normally and re-evaluate the issue again.

If the problem is still unresolved, please return here and post a reply and we’ll see what else we can come up with for help.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2023 11:43 AM in response to Appleliuxm

Sounds like a software conflict of some sort.

If a simple reboot of your Mac doesn’t fix things, see if the problem still happens in Safe mode (press and hold the shift key down at startup). It can take much longer to safe boot (10 min) so be patient.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support 

If the Mac will boot in Safe mode, then I suggest you delete or uninstall the TeamViewer software while you're logged in that mode.

Safe mode is non-destructive to user data. It’s not a cure-all, but very often corrects  weird software behavior. When you're in safe boot, the machine will not be at its best performance, especially with graphics, but that's expected.

Exit safe mode by restarting your Mac normally and re-evaluate the issue again.

If the problem is still unresolved, please return here and post a reply and we’ll see what else we can come up with for help.

Mar 22, 2023 4:11 PM in response to Appleliuxm

To add to D.I. Johnson's suggestion while in Safe Mode you can check to see if you've removed all of the supporting files by downloading and running the shareware app Find Any File to search for any files with the application's or the developer's name in the file name.  For the TeamViewer software you'd do the following search(es): 

1 - Name contains team viewer

Any files that are found can be dragged from the search results window to the Desktop or Trash bin in the Dock for deletion.

FAF can search areas that Spotlight can't like invisible folders, system folders and packages.  

If you get warnings that the file can't be deleted because it is in use or used by another app boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and delete from there.

Note:  if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode.  This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will assure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

The message on the start up screen: unrecoverable error ….please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.