Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sign in with my iPhone email on the iPad?

How do i sign in with my phone email to the ipad air?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 4:15 PM

Presumably your iPad and iPhone currently use different AppleIDs - and you now wish to use a single AppleID account, currently used by your iPhone, with both devices?

If you wish to use a different AppleID account to that currently used with your iPad, first ensure that you have disabled the Activation Lock that will otherwise cause difficulties in the future. You can disable the iPad’s Activation Lock by disabling the Find My iPad service from iPad settings before trying to use a different AppleID account:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Find My > Find My iPad - set to OFF

Having disabled the Activation lock, you can now sign-out from the existing AppleID:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Sign Out

Presumably you’ll want to keep any iCloud data that is associated with your iPad - and merge this data with that of your iPhone. If so, accept the opportunity to keep a local copy of your data (e.g., Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Keychain Passwords etc.).  If you don’t wish this data to be merged, don’t save a local copy of this data as you sign-out. Think carefully about this action - as once data is merged, it can’t be easily undone.

Also ensure that you have signed-out from Messages and FaceTime:

• Settings > Messages > Send and Receive > [AppleID] - scroll to the bottom where you will find your signed-in AppleID highlighted in blue text; tap and select Sign Out

• Settings > FaceTime > [AppleID] - again, scroll down the page to find your signed-in AppleID highlighted in blue text; tap and select Sign Out

After signing out, a restart of your iPad is recommended:

Restart your iPad - Apple Support

After restarting, you can sign-in to your new AppleID account from iPad settings - and also sign-in to Messages and FaceTime if necessary. Any iCloud data that you saved to your iPad during the previous sign-out will be merged with your new AppleID account.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2023 4:15 PM in response to evalina83

Presumably your iPad and iPhone currently use different AppleIDs - and you now wish to use a single AppleID account, currently used by your iPhone, with both devices?

If you wish to use a different AppleID account to that currently used with your iPad, first ensure that you have disabled the Activation Lock that will otherwise cause difficulties in the future. You can disable the iPad’s Activation Lock by disabling the Find My iPad service from iPad settings before trying to use a different AppleID account:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Find My > Find My iPad - set to OFF

Having disabled the Activation lock, you can now sign-out from the existing AppleID:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Sign Out

Presumably you’ll want to keep any iCloud data that is associated with your iPad - and merge this data with that of your iPhone. If so, accept the opportunity to keep a local copy of your data (e.g., Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Keychain Passwords etc.).  If you don’t wish this data to be merged, don’t save a local copy of this data as you sign-out. Think carefully about this action - as once data is merged, it can’t be easily undone.

Also ensure that you have signed-out from Messages and FaceTime:

• Settings > Messages > Send and Receive > [AppleID] - scroll to the bottom where you will find your signed-in AppleID highlighted in blue text; tap and select Sign Out

• Settings > FaceTime > [AppleID] - again, scroll down the page to find your signed-in AppleID highlighted in blue text; tap and select Sign Out

After signing out, a restart of your iPad is recommended:

Restart your iPad - Apple Support

After restarting, you can sign-in to your new AppleID account from iPad settings - and also sign-in to Messages and FaceTime if necessary. Any iCloud data that you saved to your iPad during the previous sign-out will be merged with your new AppleID account.

How do I sign in with my iPhone email on the iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.