Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opening a dvdproj file on my mac running Monterey

How do I open a dvdproj file on my mac running Monterey since I don't have a dvd player anymore on my mac?

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 5:39 PM

dvdproj files were project files created by iDVD, a former Apple product that was discontinued 12 years ago (in July 2011). There is no DVD player or other application that I know of that can open those files.

However, you may be able to retrieve whatever video clips were part of the iDVD project -

• Control-click the dvdproj file
  • Then select Show Package Contents
  • Navigate to the Resources > Assets folder
  • The project's video clips, audio files & still images may be there.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2023 5:39 PM in response to AppleADayDoctorAway

dvdproj files were project files created by iDVD, a former Apple product that was discontinued 12 years ago (in July 2011). There is no DVD player or other application that I know of that can open those files.

However, you may be able to retrieve whatever video clips were part of the iDVD project -

• Control-click the dvdproj file
  • Then select Show Package Contents
  • Navigate to the Resources > Assets folder
  • The project's video clips, audio files & still images may be there.

Opening a dvdproj file on my mac running Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.