Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer Microsoft Office Home and Student 2021 from the old Mac to the new one?

I currently have a 14" MBP M1 and I'm planning to buy a 14" MBP M2.

How do I transfer Microsoft Office Home and Student 2021 from the old Mac to the new one?

Do I have to call Microsoft, uninstall from old Mac and then install on new or ???

TIA

DCR

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 5:30 PM

Whether it's the 365 suite, or a perpetual version like yours, you login to Microsoft's user portal with the same email address and password you used to activate the suite. Somewhere in there (I can't recall exactly where), you can list your purchased software. Next to your suite, you'll see a choice to deactivate it from the computer it's currently installed on. You can then install it on your new computer.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2023 5:30 PM in response to Rustybarrel

Whether it's the 365 suite, or a perpetual version like yours, you login to Microsoft's user portal with the same email address and password you used to activate the suite. Somewhere in there (I can't recall exactly where), you can list your purchased software. Next to your suite, you'll see a choice to deactivate it from the computer it's currently installed on. You can then install it on your new computer.

Mar 22, 2023 6:20 PM in response to Rustybarrel

Rustybarrel Said:

"How do I transfer Microsoft Office Home and Student 2021 from the old Mac to the new one?: [...]Do I have to call Microsoft, uninstall from old Mac and then install on new or ???"

-------

Transferring MS Office:

MS Office Home and Student is a one-device only software. Once it has been activated, it cannot be activated on another operating system. So, you have to get a new license.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.