Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook utility disk

Erased all content off of my MacBook Air, now it’s not showing startup disk just sits and spins. How do I fix this? I was getting my MacBook ready for trade in with Apple. Now I don’t even know if they will accept it as I’m worried I did something wrong. Please advise

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 7:42 PM

cerise98 Said:

"MacBook utility disk: Erased all content off of my MacBook Air, now it’s not showing startup disk just sits and spins. How do I fix this? I was getting my MacBook ready for trade in with Apple. Now I don’t even know if they will accept it as I’m worried I did something wrong. Please advise"

-------

Reinstall the macOS:

Use Internet Recovery Mode:

Did the reinstallation work? If not, I recommend you using Internet Recovery Mode. It installs it over the Web through Apples Servers: Boot Up Using: [Command + Option + R]

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2023 7:42 PM in response to cerise98

cerise98 Said:

"MacBook utility disk: Erased all content off of my MacBook Air, now it’s not showing startup disk just sits and spins. How do I fix this? I was getting my MacBook ready for trade in with Apple. Now I don’t even know if they will accept it as I’m worried I did something wrong. Please advise"

-------

Reinstall the macOS:

Use Internet Recovery Mode:

Did the reinstallation work? If not, I recommend you using Internet Recovery Mode. It installs it over the Web through Apples Servers: Boot Up Using: [Command + Option + R]

MacBook utility disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.