Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant find matches a Paypal payment invoice ID to Apple Services

Just noticed a paypal payment for £29.99 go through my account, it provides an invoice id but i cant find anything that matches under purchases or subscriptions

All help gratefully received

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 4:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 9:10 AM

Just noticed a paypal payment for £29.99 go through my account,

I have also checked my default payment method which shows as `credit/debit` not `paypal` which this payment has gone through...

Contact your bank, they can find out who (name, address & account number) has collected the amount from your bank account, and when.

Depending on your bank, they can collect the amount back within 30 days.

Ask also your bank to block your card, and ask a new card.

Also report to the police.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2023 9:10 AM in response to CSaunders001

Just noticed a paypal payment for £29.99 go through my account,

I have also checked my default payment method which shows as `credit/debit` not `paypal` which this payment has gone through...

Contact your bank, they can find out who (name, address & account number) has collected the amount from your bank account, and when.

Depending on your bank, they can collect the amount back within 30 days.

Ask also your bank to block your card, and ask a new card.

Also report to the police.

Mar 23, 2023 4:44 AM in response to CSaunders001

Please check the following Apple articles:

View your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and other Apple media services

View your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and other Apple media services - Apple Support

How apps, content, and subscriptions from Apple are billed

How apps, content, and subscriptions from Apple are billed - Apple Support

If you see "apple.com/bill" on your billing statement

If you see "apple.com/bill" on your billing statement – Apple Support (UK)

Mar 23, 2023 1:28 PM in response to CSaunders001

This turned out to be a payment for linked-in premium, purchased through a family members iPad where I must have historically configured my PayPal account. Not sure why it showed as ‘apple services’ but am happy to have found the source

👍

Good that you have found the source.

Thank you for your feedback and you're welcome.

Mar 23, 2023 5:43 AM in response to Raicya

Thanks for the quick reply, I have checked my purchase history and subscriptions, but can see nothing that matches the amount, I have also checked my iCloud email and can find no receipt for it (which you would expect for any on-line purchase or subscription renewal)

I have 2 children attached to my account in the family, and will be checking their email, purchase history and subscriptions as soon as I can

will update with what I find (or not as the case may be)

Thanks again for the articles.

Mar 23, 2023 9:05 AM in response to CSaunders001

I checked the purchase history on my kids devices and there are no subscription renewals or purchases shown, their iCloud email accounts also have no receipt emails.

Given i cant find any reason for the charge, how do i progress this?

Mar 23, 2023 12:12 PM in response to Raicya

This turned out to be a payment for linked-in premium, purchased through a family members iPad where I must have historically configured my PayPal account. Not sure why it showed as ‘apple services’ but am happy to have found the source

if anyone else has a similar issue, I recommend going on apple support chat.. they were very helpful in resolving this.

cant find matches a Paypal payment invoice ID to Apple Services

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.