Related Article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons and I can't recover it.

Hi,

The MacOS in my work says the Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons and asks me to recover the password to reactivate it, but the iForgot also return error saying my Apple ID is disabled and don't let me to continue.

What I have to do for reactivating the Apple ID? We use two MacOS and dozens of iPads, and this specific Apple ID is used to administrate all of them.

I don't know the reasons for an Apple ID being disabled for security issues, so I'll describe our scenary: we use a MacOS to manager the iPads and we only run it when we need to change some configuration at Apple Configurator 2 or something else about the iPads, what happens only a few days each month; we log in with this Apple ID from different devices (MacOS, Windows OS, iPads and Android) and different users, and some of them may get the password wrong often (we need to recover the password with some frequency); some of these devices are EOL; and everything original of course.

Thanks in advance.

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 5:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 6:16 PM

MessalaOliveira,

If you're entering your Apple ID into the iForgot site but it won't accept it, or states it is disabled at that site as well, you'll need to contact Apple Support directly to take a closer look. You would not be able to reactivate the Apple ID on your end in that case.

Take care.

5 replies

Mar 24, 2023 12:42 PM in response to MessalaOliveira

Hi MessalaOliveira,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that your Apple ID has been disabled.

This can happen when the Apple ID is incorrectly entered too many times.

Check out this resource which explains why your Apple ID will be disabled and how to reset it: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support

"If your account has been disabled for security reasons

If you see one of the following messages, your Apple ID automatically locked to protect your security and you can't sign in to any Apple services:

• “This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons”
  • "You can't sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons"
  • "This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons"

You need to reset your password to regain access. Learn how to reset your password."

If you're still unable to reset your Apple ID password, we'd suggest that you contact Apple directly for help here: Contact Apple Support 

Take care!

Mar 24, 2023 1:29 PM in response to Miche11e_P

Hi, Miche11e_P,

Thanks for your response.

If you see at the top of this thread, I already created it related exactly to the page you suggested me:

This support page only describe how to recover the password throught iOS or iForgot to reactivate the Apple ID, but, as I told before, the iForgot also reject the Apple ID saying it is disabled.

Can you help me?

My Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons and I can't recover it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.