Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications keep freezing for no reason on my top screen

since updating to the new iOS there’s a lot of bugs but this one is really annoying. Idk why but for some reason my notifications keep getting stuck and freezing and stay on my screen unless I do it automatically. It’s annoying and shouldn’t be doing this, I turned off my phone even deleted all my photos to see if it would help the RAM and nope. Apple is starting to disappoint with bogus quality phones now.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 12:35 AM

Hi garcia165

Re: Notifications keep freezing for no reason on my top screen

Maybe it is just a default setting that you can change to have them appear momentarily and go away automatically instead:

For many apps, you can set a notification banner style and turn sounds and badges on or off. Eg: Settings > Notifications

How to: Change notification settings on iPhone – Apple Support

More info: Use notifications on your iPhone or iPad

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2023 12:35 AM in response to garcia165

Hi garcia165

Re: Notifications keep freezing for no reason on my top screen

Maybe it is just a default setting that you can change to have them appear momentarily and go away automatically instead:

For many apps, you can set a notification banner style and turn sounds and badges on or off. Eg: Settings > Notifications

How to: Change notification settings on iPhone – Apple Support

More info: Use notifications on your iPhone or iPad

All the best :-)

Notifications keep freezing for no reason on my top screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.