Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot switch my email address because it says it’s taken already but the watch is on one and the phone is on the other so I cannot pair them. How can I resolve this problem

I cannot pair my watch with my new phone because it will not let me sign in using my email address because they’re different on the phone and watch and it won’t let me change it on the phone. It says it to watch one is already in use well yeah I have a bunch of email addresses.

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 11:48 AM

The watch MUST use the same Apple ID and Password as the iPhone.

You are going to need to reset the watch and set it up again, using your iPhone Apple ID and Password.

This link will provide details on what to do to prepare a watch to be traded or sold, but will help you erase it so you can set it up with your iPhone with the correct IDs --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2023 11:48 AM in response to JohnBazzano1962

The watch MUST use the same Apple ID and Password as the iPhone.

You are going to need to reset the watch and set it up again, using your iPhone Apple ID and Password.

This link will provide details on what to do to prepare a watch to be traded or sold, but will help you erase it so you can set it up with your iPhone with the correct IDs --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

I cannot switch my email address because it says it’s taken already but the watch is on one and the phone is on the other so I cannot pair them. How can I resolve this problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.