You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use a passcode on my iPad?

After using PC’s 40+ yrs, I am trying to learn how to use apple products.

Everywhere that I find any information on Passcodes involves, turning them on, changing, recovering them, etc. but I have no idea where to enter or use one on places requiring that I enter one.

WHERE & HOW do you actually use one that you know? Can’t figure it out-I am so ignorant of actually using apple!

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

oga_p

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro, 16

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 2:52 PM

9 replies

Mar 23, 2023 3:06 PM in response to sberman

Like I mentioned above, I DO NOT NEED TO SET, CHANGE OR CREATE A PASSCODE!

WHERE do I enter it on sites requiring the use of the one I have?? (Google, & anything related keeps telling me to use one, but not WHERE to use it.) I have gone through these guides repeatedly, but still have not found information on where to enter the Passcode.

I cannot access needed medical information sent to me from Google sites my medical practitioners use because I cannot figure out WHERE to enter my Passcode!

olga_p

Mar 23, 2023 3:50 PM in response to olga_Pp

olga_Pp wrote:

Everywhere that I find any information on Passcodes involves, turning them on, changing, recovering them, etc. but I have no idea where to enter or use one on places requiring that I enter one.

WHERE & HOW do you actually use one that you know? Can’t figure it out-I am so ignorant of actually using apple!

oga_p

Insofar as your Apple devices are concerned, your Passcode secures access to your Apple device - such as your iPad and/or your iPhone.

iPad and iPhone are essentially single-user devices. As such, instead of signing-in to the device with a Username and Password, you use the device Passcode. The Passcode unlocks the device security chip (a.k.a. the Secure Enclave) within which the encryption keys that protect all your data are securely stored.

Mar 24, 2023 12:57 PM in response to sberman

Ahh…sorry for misunderstanding! I was extremely tired & in a lot of pain from severely arthritic hands, etc., so went back to be, hoping I might understand better today.

Still trying to figure it out, I cannot figure out WHERE to enter my Passcode that I have when a note that pops up telling me to use my Passcode.

apple works a lot different than the PC’s microsoft I used 40+ years, never knew how to use or understand apple graphics or many of the very basic things that are automatic for people that grew up with apple.

Again, sorry! Those sites don’t answer my question, however.

olga_p

How to use a passcode on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.