Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Billing Enquiry

Why is Apple declining credit cards from Nigeria? My first card was declined some months ago, the new one I just got was also declined. Even my VISA virtual credit card got declined. And I subscribed to Apple Music and I can't enjoy the music anymore. Please what should I do?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 12:49 PM

Hi tonyluthor_,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

Your payment could be declined for a number of reasons. If you have a lingering balance that has not been covered, you would encounter this issue.

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store
To complete your purchase, add a different payment method, then remove the old one.

How to complete your purchase if a payment failed or was declined

1. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app.

2. Tap your name.

3. Tap Payment & Shipping.

4. Add a different payment method and remove the old one

5. Try to complete your purchase.

If you still can't make a purchase

* You might have an unpaid order. Learn how to pay an unpaid order.

* Contact your financial institution. 

* You might need to ask your financial institution to allow international purchases on your debit or credit card.

* If you want to know why a debit card, credit card, or other payment method was declined, speak with your financial institution. Apple doesn't have information about why the payment method was declined.

* In some countries and regions, your payment method might be declined because of changes to local law. Learn about billing and purchases in Europe or what to do if your card is declined in India.

* Still need help? Contact Apple Support.

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2023 12:49 PM in response to tonyluthor_

Hi tonyluthor_,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

Your payment could be declined for a number of reasons. If you have a lingering balance that has not been covered, you would encounter this issue.

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store
To complete your purchase, add a different payment method, then remove the old one.

How to complete your purchase if a payment failed or was declined

1. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app.

2. Tap your name.

3. Tap Payment & Shipping.

4. Add a different payment method and remove the old one

5. Try to complete your purchase.

If you still can't make a purchase

* You might have an unpaid order. Learn how to pay an unpaid order.

* Contact your financial institution. 

* You might need to ask your financial institution to allow international purchases on your debit or credit card.

* If you want to know why a debit card, credit card, or other payment method was declined, speak with your financial institution. Apple doesn't have information about why the payment method was declined.

* In some countries and regions, your payment method might be declined because of changes to local law. Learn about billing and purchases in Europe or what to do if your card is declined in India.

* Still need help? Contact Apple Support.

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Regards.

Billing Enquiry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.