Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get rid of over 4500 old emails on my iPad?

I am an app AOL user and have 4500 old emails. How can I get rid of them?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 9:04 AM

Assuming that you are using the native Mail App to access and manage your email, while there isn’t a Select All button for many of the mailboxes, with a few steps it remains possible to bulk select and delete email.

Start by searching your mailbox (or other mailbox folder) by Sender or suitable keyword - and/or combining with a filtered view in the Mail App sidebar:

Flag and filter emails on iPad - Apple Support

Next, tap the Edit button at top-right of the Mail sidebar; simply swipe your finger down (or up) the left-side of the message list to bulk select Mail Messages. Swipe below the bottom edge to rapidly select all the visible email messages.

Once selected, tap the Delete button at the bottom of the sidebar.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2023 9:04 AM in response to Sophie422

Assuming that you are using the native Mail App to access and manage your email, while there isn’t a Select All button for many of the mailboxes, with a few steps it remains possible to bulk select and delete email.

Start by searching your mailbox (or other mailbox folder) by Sender or suitable keyword - and/or combining with a filtered view in the Mail App sidebar:

Flag and filter emails on iPad - Apple Support

Next, tap the Edit button at top-right of the Mail sidebar; simply swipe your finger down (or up) the left-side of the message list to bulk select Mail Messages. Swipe below the bottom edge to rapidly select all the visible email messages.

Once selected, tap the Delete button at the bottom of the sidebar.

How to get rid of over 4500 old emails on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.