You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music library album covers wrong

The album covers for the bands/artists in my music library changed after I backed to my Mac mini! How do I correct this problem? I have an iPhone 13 not a 8s plus!!!!

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 10:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 3:16 PM

Hi Scott Hudgins II,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! To change the artwork, the steps below can help:

Add artwork to content in Music on Mac

Add artwork to music and video
1. In the Music app  on your Mac, click Songs in the sidebar.
2. Select one or more songs in your music library, choose Song > Info, click Artwork, then do one of the following:
* Click Add Artwork, select an image file, then click Open.
* Drag the image file to the artwork area.
To retrieve album artwork from the iTunes Store for your entire library, choose File > Library > Get Album Artwork.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 25, 2023 3:16 PM in response to Scott Hudgins II

Hi Scott Hudgins II,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! To change the artwork, the steps below can help:

Add artwork to content in Music on Mac

Add artwork to music and video
1. In the Music app  on your Mac, click Songs in the sidebar.
2. Select one or more songs in your music library, choose Song > Info, click Artwork, then do one of the following:
* Click Add Artwork, select an image file, then click Open.
* Drag the image file to the artwork area.
To retrieve album artwork from the iTunes Store for your entire library, choose File > Library > Get Album Artwork.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

Mar 30, 2023 8:41 AM in response to Eric--F

Hey Eric just a little update I call Apple support and was on the phone with them for 2+ hours getting passed from one person to another (4times) tried several things but nothing helped. The last person just told me I’d need to wipe my iPhone and do a restoration from backup. But isn’t that going to just put the same stuff back on as before? I’m not sure where to go from here. But hey thanks for your input I wish I had a better report to pass along. When I get a final solution I’ll post it here so maybe it could help someone else

Scott

Music library album covers wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.