You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t back up MacBook Pro 13

Hi I initially couldn’t log in to my MacBook had to reset my passwords via Apple ID

I’ve since realised I’m on and old version not updated 10.13.6 version so thought I would back up before I do this but I can’t find option to back up I’ve gone to Time Machine and it says other AirPort Time Capsule ??

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 1:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 1:57 PM

You'll need to use an external drive for your Time Machine backup.

Ensure that it is formatted with HFS+ using the Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format and the GUID partition map.

Then launch Time Machine and select that drive to be used for the backup destination.

Plese see: Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 24, 2023 1:57 PM in response to Zoegeorgina

You'll need to use an external drive for your Time Machine backup.

Ensure that it is formatted with HFS+ using the Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format and the GUID partition map.

Then launch Time Machine and select that drive to be used for the backup destination.

Plese see: Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

Can’t back up MacBook Pro 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.