Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave ugrade to . . . what?

My 2014 Mac Mini runs with Mojave. I've put off upgrading or two reasons:

1. A couple of apps that I use A LOT might not work with the latest versions of MacOS.
  2. I upgraded my old Mac Book Air (11" I think it's from 2014 also) from Mojave to Monterey

(at the recommendation of an Apple technician). The upgrade screwed up my Air. I

won't go into the details, but after 6 months, it's functioning but quirky.

I REALLY REALLY depend on my Mini. Does it make sense to try and upgrade to either Catalina or Big Sur?

When I start up my Mini, I always get a reminder telling me Apple no longer supports Mojave, and it also recommends upgrading to MacOS 10.15 or to Ventura.

Any advice?

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 5:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 7:28 PM

ghn Said:

"Mojave ugrade to . . . what?: My 2014 Mac Mini runs with Mojave. I've put off upgrading or two reasons.[...]Does it make sense to try and upgrade to either Catalina or Big Sur?[...]"

-------

Updating and 64-Bit:

Upgrading you would be just fine, where it not for the issue on incompatibly. So, if anything would get in the way, it would be incompatibility with the installed processor. macOS Catalina and after only run 64-bit only apps. So, if you need to get these apps, then contact the Developer prior to performing the upgrade, asking them if you can get the 64-bit version.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2023 7:28 PM in response to ghn

ghn Said:

"Mojave ugrade to . . . what?: My 2014 Mac Mini runs with Mojave. I've put off upgrading or two reasons.[...]Does it make sense to try and upgrade to either Catalina or Big Sur?[...]"

-------

Updating and 64-Bit:

Upgrading you would be just fine, where it not for the issue on incompatibly. So, if anything would get in the way, it would be incompatibility with the installed processor. macOS Catalina and after only run 64-bit only apps. So, if you need to get these apps, then contact the Developer prior to performing the upgrade, asking them if you can get the 64-bit version.

Mar 25, 2023 10:14 AM in response to ghn

ghn Said:

"Mojave ugrade to . . . what?: To TheLittles and BDAqua . . .So if one of the apps that I use a lot does NOT have a 64-bit version, can I continue to run my Mini on Mojave even though Apple no longer supports Mojave?

———-

U32-Bit and Mojave;

Sure you can use a 32bit software on the mini, as long as you don’t have Catalina or after installed. Mojave supports both 32bit and 64bit software versions.

Mojave ugrade to . . . what?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.