Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to update an early 2015 MacBook Air

How can I update my MAC when I am on OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5 . The MAC says no updates are available but I can't open certain programs now because my operating system is too old. Please provide steps on updating from this version.

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 6:53 PM

salim209 Said:

"How to update an early 2015 MacBook Air: How can I update my MAC when I am on OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5 . The MAC says no updates are available but I can't open certain programs now because my operating system is too old. Please provide steps on updating from this version."

-------

About Updating a Mac:

Looking to upgrade to macOS Monterey?

Determining which Update(s) will Install:

I. Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

II. Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

III. If Compatible:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2023 6:53 PM in response to salim209

salim209 Said:

"How to update an early 2015 MacBook Air: How can I update my MAC when I am on OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5 . The MAC says no updates are available but I can't open certain programs now because my operating system is too old. Please provide steps on updating from this version."

-------

About Updating a Mac:

Looking to upgrade to macOS Monterey?

Determining which Update(s) will Install:

I. Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

II. Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

III. If Compatible:

Mar 26, 2023 6:54 PM in response to salim209

salim209 Said:

-------

Getting Software After and Update:

Contact the Developers to get the most efficient version for you to use.

How to update an early 2015 MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.