Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health data not syncing between devices

I use a fitness app on iPad and IPhone. Both have the same access to write health and fitness data to my Apple ID. When I do a workout using my iPhone it works ok but the identical app on iPad does not register it. The workout is recorded in the apps own history but it doesn’t sync with Apple’s data

Does anybody else have this issue?

iPad (10th generation)

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 12:48 AM

Thanks but it is not a Fitness+ issue.

It's a Fitness or Health sync issue whereby the app data syncs correctly if I use the iPhone version but the iPad version of the same app does not sync, but all the Apple Health settings are identical.

Also, it's syncing to iCloud, it's not using Bluetooth at all.

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 26, 2023 3:00 PM in response to scottmac13

Hello scottmac13,

We would like to see how we can help you with your devices not syncing as expected. Is Bluetooth enabled for both devices and signed in with the same Apple ID? Check out this link to be sure you have everything set uo correctly: Devices you can use with Apple Fitness+ - Apple Support

Get back to us with these details so that we have a better understanding of the issue, and we can go from there.

Cheers!

Mar 27, 2023 8:48 AM in response to scottmac13

Hello scottmac13,

We’re still a bit confused. The only “health” app available for an iPad is the Fitness+ app. Have you added a third-party app to your iPad? If so, please provide the name of the app to make sure it will do as you’re wanting it to do.

Also, have you granted the app permission to log it’s results in the Health app on your iPhone? You’ll find the steps under "Choose which apps share information with Health” in this article: Use the Health app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

Please let us know the results when you're able.

All the best.

Health data not syncing between devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.