Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Keyboard covering what I type

Lately I’ve noticed my keyboard is covering up what I type so I cannot check for corrections. I’ve noticed this is messaging, Facebook, and a few other things. If I hit the keyboard down key and try to check my typing, as soon as I tap on a word the keyboard comes back up and covers it. I’ve tried scrolling the text upward, but again, when I tap, it drops down and the keyboard comes up covering it. I looked in settings, but don’t see anything there to change. Again, it just started recently.

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2023 10:01 AM

Well, out of the blue it just started working properly! A couple days ago I turned off split keyboard in Settings. I turned it back on and the issue came back. Turned it off and things worked fine, just had to close FB first.

Will monitor for a week.

6 replies

Keyboard covering what I type

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.