You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP LaserJet 3500 for Mac

I'd like to continue to use my old HP LaserJet 3500 for my NEW Mac mini Ventura 13.2.1 computer. It was formerly used on my 21.5" iMac Catalina (about 10+ years old). The LJ 3500 was a real workhorse for me.

How can I get my Mac mini to print on the LJ 3500?

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 7:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 2:30 PM

Hi,

Would it be correct to assume that this is an HP Color LaserJet 3500?

If so, you could perhaps test the HP 5.1.1 Printer Software Update and something like the HP Color LaserJet 3500 version 2.0.4 driver listed in the article Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support. This may not open/install/work with macOS 13 Ventura (which is excluded by the System Requirements), so look upon it entirely as an experiment, and make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before doing anything at all (software conflicts cannot be ruled out).

It may be a good idea to reset the printing system between tests.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 26, 2023 2:30 PM in response to johnfromcrystal

Hi,

Would it be correct to assume that this is an HP Color LaserJet 3500?

If so, you could perhaps test the HP 5.1.1 Printer Software Update and something like the HP Color LaserJet 3500 version 2.0.4 driver listed in the article Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support. This may not open/install/work with macOS 13 Ventura (which is excluded by the System Requirements), so look upon it entirely as an experiment, and make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before doing anything at all (software conflicts cannot be ruled out).

It may be a good idea to reset the printing system between tests.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

HP LaserJet 3500 for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.