Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac installed Ventura 13.0 upon its release. Since then no update of the macOS could be installed.

My iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) installed Ventura 13.0 upon its release. The iMac works fine, no problem whatsoever.

But since then no update of the macOS could be installed. I cannot reinstall. I cannot erase my HD. FirstAid reports no errors on my HD.

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 4:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 9:19 AM

I've had similar problems in the past and had better luck from the Safe Mode because I evidently have some 3rd party software that interferes with the downloading and installing so try the following:

#1 - boot into Safe Mode according to Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3-5 minutes as it's doing the following; 
• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed
• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)
• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically
• Disables user-installed fonts 
• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

#2 - go to the System/Software Update preference pane and begin the download.

#3 - run the installer from the Safe Mode.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2023 9:19 AM in response to aizu49

I've had similar problems in the past and had better luck from the Safe Mode because I evidently have some 3rd party software that interferes with the downloading and installing so try the following:

#1 - boot into Safe Mode according to Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3-5 minutes as it's doing the following; 
• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed
• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)
• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically
• Disables user-installed fonts 
• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

#2 - go to the System/Software Update preference pane and begin the download.

#3 - run the installer from the Safe Mode.

Mar 26, 2023 10:17 AM in response to Old Toad

Thanks. I tried Safe Mode, but it did not help. The same messages and outcome. Also, Safe Mode did not report any problems with the current state of the iMac.

Regarding SW, I only use MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, Kindle, and Nikon NX Studio. It has been like that since the beginning. There were no changes since I installed 13.0.

When 13.0.1. became available, it failed to install. Since then, the iMac reported no updates, although auto update mode has been enabled. For 13.2.1 I initiated an update.

My iMac installed Ventura 13.0 upon its release. Since then no update of the macOS could be installed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.