Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID password and recovery key lost

I forget my Apple ID and my recovery key 28 digits plz help me

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 5:33 AM

You’re likely locked out of your account. If you have another trusted device logged into your Apple account, you can generate a new recovery key. Otherwise, you’ll need the key to unlock the account. Using a recovery key means that only you can regain access, nobody else can help.

Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently. With that in mind, it's important to keep your recovery key in a safe place. You might want to give a copy of your recovery key to a family member, or keep copies in more than one place. That way you always have your recovery key when you need it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2023 5:33 AM in response to 03-01-1998

You’re likely locked out of your account. If you have another trusted device logged into your Apple account, you can generate a new recovery key. Otherwise, you’ll need the key to unlock the account. Using a recovery key means that only you can regain access, nobody else can help.

Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently. With that in mind, it's important to keep your recovery key in a safe place. You might want to give a copy of your recovery key to a family member, or keep copies in more than one place. That way you always have your recovery key when you need it.

Mar 26, 2023 5:54 AM in response to 03-01-1998

03-01-1998 wrote:

I forget my Apple ID and my recovery key 28 digits plz help me

Lacking a logged-in trusted device to generate a new recovery key as was mentioned above, this is permanent, and you will want to start over with a new Apple ID, and contact Apple Support to get your devices moved over to the next Apple ID. You’ll need to bring original purchase receipts. Receipts which hopefully weren’t stored online in your now-unavailable Apple ID. Anything associated with the now-permanently-locked Apple ID is unavailable.

Apple ID password and recovery key lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.