Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 Pro playback volume reduces for 20 seconds and returns to normal.

iPhone 14 Pro playback volume reduces for 20 seconds and then returns to normal (original output).

This happens while listening to audio through the cellphone’s speakers and while using Bluetooth through my car’s audio system as well as stand alone Bluetooth speakers. I do not use earbuds or headphones.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 1:27 PM

2 replies

Mar 26, 2023 2:13 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you for the reply, Lawrence!

I’m familiar with the momentary volume (dB) drop when a notification is received. What I’m experiencing is a little different though. My drop in audio output volume is for a timed 20 - 22 seconds. The 2 second difference is dependent upon my starting and stopping the timer precisely.

At present I’ve turned off the VPN app I’m using and will see if this makes a difference. All other apps are closed/off.

iPhone 14 Pro playback volume reduces for 20 seconds and returns to normal.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.