Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blood oxygen alert

is there an alert for blood oxygen?

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 1:47 PM

Unfortunately, the answer is no. But it is possible to set up background measurements.

About background measurements - copied from here: How to use the Blood Oxygen app on Apple Watch

The Blood Oxygen app on your Apple Watch will occasionally measure your blood oxygen levels if background measurements are on. This will usually happen when you are not moving. Depending on how active you are, the number of readings collected each day and the time between these readings will vary. Blood oxygen measurements use a bright red light that shines against your wrist, so it may be more visible in dark environments. If you find the light distracting, you can turn off background measurements.

1. Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
  2. Tap Blood Oxygen, then turn off In Sleep Focus and In Theater Mode.

Blood oxygen measurements only occur during sleep if the Track Sleep with Apple Watch setting is turned on.

On a side note, I use oxygen at night and when I need it during the day. I can usually tell when my O2 gets low and I check the latest reading then. For the nighttime, I also use an app called Auto Sleep. It is free. Among other things, it gives me an average SpO2 reading with details of my oxygen levels throughout the night. This has been very helpful, especially when I show my pulmonologists.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2023 1:47 PM in response to vermelle256

Unfortunately, the answer is no. But it is possible to set up background measurements.

About background measurements - copied from here: How to use the Blood Oxygen app on Apple Watch

The Blood Oxygen app on your Apple Watch will occasionally measure your blood oxygen levels if background measurements are on. This will usually happen when you are not moving. Depending on how active you are, the number of readings collected each day and the time between these readings will vary. Blood oxygen measurements use a bright red light that shines against your wrist, so it may be more visible in dark environments. If you find the light distracting, you can turn off background measurements.

1. Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
  2. Tap Blood Oxygen, then turn off In Sleep Focus and In Theater Mode.

Blood oxygen measurements only occur during sleep if the Track Sleep with Apple Watch setting is turned on.

On a side note, I use oxygen at night and when I need it during the day. I can usually tell when my O2 gets low and I check the latest reading then. For the nighttime, I also use an app called Auto Sleep. It is free. Among other things, it gives me an average SpO2 reading with details of my oxygen levels throughout the night. This has been very helpful, especially when I show my pulmonologists.

Blood oxygen alert

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.