Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7 on my macbook pro m1?

have a macbook pro m1 14" but the device was listed as intel mac when 2factornauthentication asked to verify a new login on my device. any reason it says intel? in system preferences it shows 2021 m1 pro chip

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 7:27 AM

maybe its picking up an older model that my ID registed under

5 replies

Mar 26, 2023 4:38 PM in response to dru8p

dru8p wrote:

have a macbook pro m1 14" but the device was listed as intel mac when 2factornauthentication asked to verify a new login on my device. any reason it says intel? in system preferences it shows 2021 m1 pro chip

Can you log in as expected? That would be my only concern.

You can check what devices are listed

>System Settings>AppleID

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in

Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

Mar 27, 2023 7:55 AM in response to dru8p

is that a valid older model for your Apple-ID?

is it active? do you still have it?

Use the web to find where you've signed in

From the Devices section of your Apple ID account page, you can find all of the devices you're currently signed in to with your Apple ID, including Android devices, consoles and smart TVs: 

1) Sign in to appleid.apple.com,* then select Devices.

Check your Apple ID device list to find where you've signed in – Apple Support (UK)

Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7 on my macbook pro m1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.