Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving passwords WITHOUT iCloud Keychain.

I HATE iCloud. I’ve never used it. I just want my stuff saved on my device. But somehow my device was hooked-up to iCloud for keychain passwords. Is there a way to go back to saving passwords only on my device? I lost all of my passwords turning off the sneaky-keychain.

Thanks in advance.

iPad Air, 12

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 3:29 PM

Robertsonmillar wrote:

I lost all of my passwords turning off the sneaky-keychain.

That is contradicted here, unless you took pains to avoid the standard method of turning off Keychain.

The above is from:

Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

2 replies

Mar 26, 2023 5:19 PM in response to sberman

My info was not stored on this device after I hit the green keychain tab and turned it off. And, I’ve had iCloud turned off for as long as I can remember so how did apple change my setting to add their keychain? I will check my older devices to see if my PWs are still there. But from here on out I think I’ll just enter each as needed.

thank you.

Saving passwords WITHOUT iCloud Keychain.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.