Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to back up my Mac to the apple cloud

How to back up my iMac to the cloud

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 3:26 PM

Apple does not support macOS backups to iCloud. You can sync files there, but that is nit a strategy for backups, as deleting the file in one place or corrupting it in one place corrupts it everywhere.

Apple provides backups to local storage snd to local network storage, using Time Machine.

Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

There are third-party backup tools, though I am not familiar with the operations particularly around macOs upgrades and restorations. Time Machine is integrated, and documented.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2023 3:26 PM in response to momsracer99

Apple does not support macOS backups to iCloud. You can sync files there, but that is nit a strategy for backups, as deleting the file in one place or corrupting it in one place corrupts it everywhere.

Apple provides backups to local storage snd to local network storage, using Time Machine.

Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

There are third-party backup tools, though I am not familiar with the operations particularly around macOs upgrades and restorations. Time Machine is integrated, and documented.

how to back up my Mac to the apple cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.