Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Storage Family Sharing

Hi there!

I wanted to share 1TB icloud storage with someone but I'm afraid it might sync both our files. I just wanted to share the storage but we don't want to share each other's files (photos, videos, etc) and like I said, just simply share the storage which is basically 500gb for each of us without seeing each others files. Is this possible? How?

Thank you in advance to those who can answer this.

All the best,

Carl C.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 7:04 AM

Although you are all sharing the 1TB, the files are not shared with others unless you specifically set that up.

Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

"When you share an iCloud+ subscription, everyone in the family group uses their own account. That way your photos, documents, and other information stay private, even though you're sharing access to the service. You simply share the features and space available in iCloud+ with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2023 7:04 AM in response to carlthaddeus

Although you are all sharing the 1TB, the files are not shared with others unless you specifically set that up.

Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

"When you share an iCloud+ subscription, everyone in the family group uses their own account. That way your photos, documents, and other information stay private, even though you're sharing access to the service. You simply share the features and space available in iCloud+ with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage."

iCloud Storage Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.