Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard Cover for Japanese Layout Keyboard

I am aware of Apple's stance regarding keyboard covers.

I recently purchased the MacBook Air (A2681) with the keyboard configured to Japanese layout. I live in the United States.

I have been unsuccessful in my search. Every single Japanese keyboard cover sold on Bezos's site is just merely for the American English keyboard with hiragana printed on the keys.

Does anyone know of any site (does not necessarily have to be from aforementioned site) where I can find what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

MacBook Air, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 2:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 6:06 AM

Hemiolia wrote:

I wanted a keyboard cover to actually cover the keyboard. I would prefer the cover to have NOTHING printed on it (i.e., clear silicone).

Thanks for the clarification, I understand now. Try a google search for "Mac JIS keyboard cover" or something similar. JIS is the term for that shape of keyboard. Here is one result

https://www.newegg.com/p/0GA-091P-00037

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2023 6:06 AM in response to Hemiolia

Hemiolia wrote:

I wanted a keyboard cover to actually cover the keyboard. I would prefer the cover to have NOTHING printed on it (i.e., clear silicone).

Thanks for the clarification, I understand now. Try a google search for "Mac JIS keyboard cover" or something similar. JIS is the term for that shape of keyboard. Here is one result

https://www.newegg.com/p/0GA-091P-00037

Mar 27, 2023 7:12 AM in response to Hemiolia

Hemiolia wrote:

I am aware of Apple's stance regarding keyboard covers.
<snip>

Apple"s "stance" on keyboard covers is there for a reason. These covers could cause damage to your computer. You have not provided any rational for needing a keyboard cover. My recommendation, although not specifically asked for, is to heed Apple's advice regarding keyboard covers.

Using a camera cover, palm rest, or keyboard cover on a Mac notebook - Apple Support

Keyboard Cover for Japanese Layout Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.