Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do unloc a phone that dont now the old owner

can unlock a used phone that s locked to old owner and can not contact them

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 3:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 3:07 AM

You can not do that.

If you do not have the Passcode for the phone, it must be restored to the factory settings. Everything will be deleted. If Find My iPhone is activated on the phone, then after the restore it will be Activation Locked, i.e. password for the previous user's Apple ID must be entered.

If you don't have that code, the iPhone is virtually useless.

You can read how to restore the iPhone if you do not have the Passcode or have forgotten it:

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

You can read more about Activation Lock here:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2023 3:07 AM in response to helpmeu

You can not do that.

If you do not have the Passcode for the phone, it must be restored to the factory settings. Everything will be deleted. If Find My iPhone is activated on the phone, then after the restore it will be Activation Locked, i.e. password for the previous user's Apple ID must be entered.

If you don't have that code, the iPhone is virtually useless.

You can read how to restore the iPhone if you do not have the Passcode or have forgotten it:

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

You can read more about Activation Lock here:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Mar 27, 2023 3:19 AM in response to helpmeu

if the phone is iCloud locked there is no way around this lock. it is locked out on a hardware level so even restoring the phone will not unlock it. the only way for you to unlock is to contact the previous owner and either get the credentials or have them remove the phone from their iCloud account. this is a theft deterrent first and foremost. if thieves know a stollen iPhone is useless there is little or no incentive to steal one.

how do unloc a phone that dont now the old owner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.