Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio Language of a Film

I purchased a film (Incredibles 2) on iTunes in 2019. We are from the US but live in Germany. I'm the only one in my family who knows German well. PLUS, the original audio of a film is much better than the dubbed version anyway. Films are meant to entertain. I watched the film ONCE with my family. I'd assumed we'd be able to watch it again. Not so! The audio track of the film is NOW only available in German. It is now unenjoyable. Silly me, I thought that once a film appears on iTunes AND I purchased it that I would have access to it, so I didn't download it. The answer seems to be a resounding "No!" to both counts because I get the runaround every time I attempt to resolve the issue either with a refund or with the film in the original language (which was present when I purchased it). I explained it to the people at Apple. They seem to think that English subtitles are adequate replacement for an English audio track. Apparently, they've never watched a film with subtitles before, especially, a family movie. Kids don't read subtitles! If it were a bad movie, it wouldn't bother me as much, but this is one we'd assumed we'd be able to enjoy again and again. Unfortunately, this isn't the case. How do I resolve this issue?!

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 11:50 AM

Users with Apple ID accounts set to Germany as country will have access to content from the German iTunes Store, with audio languages and subtitles in any way that the supplying studio (Disney) deemed best for that region.

That’s how it is right now, as I’m sure the ‘people at Apple’ will have told you. There is no resolve. If you want to scream at some entity, scream at Disney, as they did it differently for Incredibles 1 (two audio language tracks).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2023 11:50 AM in response to CrassBrauer

Users with Apple ID accounts set to Germany as country will have access to content from the German iTunes Store, with audio languages and subtitles in any way that the supplying studio (Disney) deemed best for that region.

That’s how it is right now, as I’m sure the ‘people at Apple’ will have told you. There is no resolve. If you want to scream at some entity, scream at Disney, as they did it differently for Incredibles 1 (two audio language tracks).

Audio Language of a Film

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.