Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer Stickies database to macOS Ventura 13.2.1 from another Mac?

How to transfer Stickies database to macOS Ventura 13.2.1 from another Mac? (Can find instructions for all other MacOS versions but not for Ventura). Thanks.

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 3:35 PM

Thanks VikingXOS for all your help.

I think I finally managed to solve the problem.

The path for the data is, as you note, Users/user/Library/Containers/com.Apple.Stickies/Data

… but the actual file path is Users/user/Library/Containers/Stickies/Data .... I used "Go to Folder" to get there, then Library/Stickies/ and found all the rtf files there. Then transferred the rtf files to an analogous location in the other computer.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2023 3:35 PM in response to kvuori

Thanks VikingXOS for all your help.

I think I finally managed to solve the problem.

The path for the data is, as you note, Users/user/Library/Containers/com.Apple.Stickies/Data

… but the actual file path is Users/user/Library/Containers/Stickies/Data .... I used "Go to Folder" to get there, then Library/Stickies/ and found all the rtf files there. Then transferred the rtf files to an analogous location in the other computer.

Mar 27, 2023 2:10 PM in response to kvuori

It would depend if that StickiesDatabase in your local Library folder is in the old digest format where stickies are all integrated in that one file, or that database is no longer in use because it was opened on Catalina or later and the Stickies application extracted the digest stickies as individually written RTF/RTFD (rich text) documents.

In the latter case, the individual stickies are written in:

/Users/yourname/Library/Containers/com.apple.Stickies/Data/Library/Stickies

How to transfer Stickies database to macOS Ventura 13.2.1 from another Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.