Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My music albums won't transfer free

I have purchased 672 albums over the years and they are on my ipod and my iPad. When I transfer this music to my Google drive or my Dropbox it takes me to apple music to pay for a monthly subscription. I shouldn't have to pay a monthly subscription for the 672 albums that I own. How can I gain free access to my already purchased music content?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 4:15 PM

Anything that can still be downloaded from the iTunes music store for which you previously purchased a license, can still be downloaded. You may have downloaded protected tracks or are trying to use the music some other way. You can open Apple Music and navigate to library to see your purchases.

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 27, 2023 4:59 PM in response to frustratedwithapple23

You do not need a subscription to play music for which you already purchased a license.

exactly how are you sharing an album from your iPad to Dropbox? If you’re sharing through music all that you are doing is sharing a link to an Apple Music file, not the actual tracks. Your music should still be on your computer in the music app where you sync it to your iPad. That will play just fine if you play items in your library.

My music albums won't transfer free

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.