Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is there no additional variants to this emoji? On google it shows other variants

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 8:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 8:21 AM

FireRose ~ "Notably, while the designs for each of the skin tone options for 🫸 Rightwards Pushing Handand 🫷 Leftwards Pushing Hand are visible on Apple devices, the current Apple emoji keyboard does not allow for these skin tone options to be accessed through the usual press-and-hold selection method. This is expected to be resolved in a subsequent iOS update." Source:

iOS 16.4 Emoji Changelog

õ¿õ¬

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2023 8:21 AM in response to FireRose_07

FireRose ~ "Notably, while the designs for each of the skin tone options for 🫸 Rightwards Pushing Handand 🫷 Leftwards Pushing Hand are visible on Apple devices, the current Apple emoji keyboard does not allow for these skin tone options to be accessed through the usual press-and-hold selection method. This is expected to be resolved in a subsequent iOS update." Source:

iOS 16.4 Emoji Changelog

õ¿õ¬

Mar 27, 2023 8:48 PM in response to FireRose_07

FireRose_07 Said:

"Why is there no additional variants to this emoji?"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Recommending Emojis be Deleted:

Apple is not the creator of these emojis. So, rather than recommending this deletion through Apple, you need to make a proposal for one to The Unicode ConsortiumGo Here: Submitting Emoji Proposals - Unicode. That is your only option.

Mar 27, 2023 9:10 PM in response to FireRose_07

"I was not recommending these emojis to be deleted at all I’m just trying to figure out why it’s not showing the multiple skin modifications as the others. I’m only seeing the yellow even with long pressing"

-------

Make a Proposal:

I'm recommending that you you, yourself, propose these yourself.  Go Here: Submitting Emoji Proposals - Unicode.

Mar 27, 2023 9:22 PM in response to FireRose_07

FireRose_07 Said:

"I don’t need to propose these myself if they are included in the iOS 16.4 release. I was just curious why it wasn’t showing up on my device when the pictures showed that’s the variants we were getting. Unless, is there only one skin modification?"

-------

Let it Sit:

Well, then blow it off, and don't propose, if it does not bug you.

Why is there no additional variants to this emoji? On google it shows other variants

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.