Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Maps only show route steps on apple watch 7

this pic below is my apple maps on my apple watch 7. It is only showing steps without map icon, x icon, 3 dots icon.

so what is wrong?

while people’s over internet is perfect like this below =_=

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 9:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 12:49 AM

Indonesia is not on this list for turn-by-turn navigation.

iOS and iPadOS - Feature Availability - Apple

Check out the article here

Get directions on Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

I can use my SE model and get the directions you are wanting in United Kingdom eg

I suspect your problem is your country location. We are users like you, not Apple Support.

If you want to talk to Apple Support you should be able to reach them here

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers

Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

and or

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2023 12:49 AM in response to wija

Indonesia is not on this list for turn-by-turn navigation.

iOS and iPadOS - Feature Availability - Apple

Check out the article here

Get directions on Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

I can use my SE model and get the directions you are wanting in United Kingdom eg

I suspect your problem is your country location. We are users like you, not Apple Support.

If you want to talk to Apple Support you should be able to reach them here

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers

Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

and or

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Mar 27, 2023 10:45 PM in response to wija

^ So finally i can make the apple maps works like people’s over internet.

but it works only by start navigation from my iphone. If i’m trying to start navigation from apple watch, it only showing route steps without feature: x icon, map icon, 3 dots icon.

people over internet (such as youtube) can make their apple maps works perfectly only by their apple watch without the need of iphone (as long as the apple watch connected to internet).

hey @apple support, tell me is this bug or country restrictions?

if this was country restrictions, please don’t sell apple watch in my country anymore (u restricted your features in my country but not restricting income money from my country).

Mar 28, 2023 1:22 AM in response to LD150

Rip such as expected, Apple specialization is to restrict almost everything haha.

well from my reply before this reply, i can navigating on my apple watch with full feature but i have to start navigation by my iphone first (can’t stand alone on apple watch only).

i see, so here no apple support. I’m lazy to tell them, if there is user who wants apple to improve, please tell this to apple support hahah

Apple Maps only show route steps on apple watch 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.