Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reload MacBook pro 2012 when I replace replace with SSD CARD

Hello,

There is a MacBook pro 2012 that I need to replace the SSD card to a higher capacity SSD card. Pls, How do I reload the system when I finish changing the SSD card?

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 8:34 AM

on Macs older than yours, the way you used to launched the required Utilities (including Disk Utility and Installer) was to use the ones on the Release software DVD.

That function has been completely replaced by Internet recovery, which will be invoked when you start your Mac and hold Command-R, or possibly Shift-Option-Command-R:

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

You WILL need to complete erase a new drive. Be sure to select it by its immutable manufacturer-given device-name for a complete erase. If it refuses, just ask again immediately, without leaving Disk Utility.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2023 8:34 AM in response to Amoji

on Macs older than yours, the way you used to launched the required Utilities (including Disk Utility and Installer) was to use the ones on the Release software DVD.

That function has been completely replaced by Internet recovery, which will be invoked when you start your Mac and hold Command-R, or possibly Shift-Option-Command-R:

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

You WILL need to complete erase a new drive. Be sure to select it by its immutable manufacturer-given device-name for a complete erase. If it refuses, just ask again immediately, without leaving Disk Utility.

How do I reload MacBook pro 2012 when I replace replace with SSD CARD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.