Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you extend apple care+ coverage BEFORE it expires

Can you extend apple care+ coverage BEFORE it expires, like you can with everything else that has a 'subscription'? Seems like you have to wait until it expires before you can extend/renew? Is that correct?

One would think Apple would want the money sooner than later...

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 1:06 PM

NApple4Ever wrote:

Can you extend apple care+ coverage BEFORE it expires, like you can with everything else that has a 'subscription'? Seems like you have to wait until it expires before you can extend/renew? Is that correct?
O̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶A̶p̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶e̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶o̶n̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶r̶.̶.̶.̶

No you can not extend until it expires first..

You have up to 30 days after your original AppleCare+ expires for the "extend" Apple Care+, if available in your region of the world.

Extend your AppleCare+ coverage

Extend your AppleCare+ coverage - Apple Support

In the USA anyway , it is then auto-renew annually, until you cancel out.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2023 1:06 PM in response to NApple4Ever

NApple4Ever wrote:

O̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶A̶p̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶e̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶o̶n̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶r̶.̶.̶.̶

No you can not extend until it expires first..

You have up to 30 days after your original AppleCare+ expires for the "extend" Apple Care+, if available in your region of the world.

Extend your AppleCare+ coverage

Extend your AppleCare+ coverage - Apple Support

In the USA anyway , it is then auto-renew annually, until you cancel out.

Mar 28, 2023 3:07 PM in response to NApple4Ever

My extension for it worked that way- got an email from Apple with the offer to extend and the remainder was automatic through my Apple iD and payment method. I later received a confirmation and it showed up in

my Subscriptions with a new expiration date and reminder that it would automatically renew unless cancelled. So I made a note for myself for a year from now so I'd remember to decide to renew or not.

Can you extend apple care+ coverage BEFORE it expires

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.