Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari totally frozen.

Even after this latest update Safari is still 100% useless.

Just like before Safari doesn't even open completely before the wheel of death starts spinning and a start up sequence is impossible. I will now start using another browser. I have to force quite Safari every time.

Also the screen is starting to show flashing horizontal lines, this is a brand new problem which also varies in intensity.

Are these the new DEI software people ? is this the future ?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 9:30 AM

I understand upon opening the Safari app, it is unresponsive, and that you have to force it to quit every time.

Press and hold a Shift key while launching Safari again. That action opens Safari in windowed mode (not full screen) without opening its previously opened windows or tabs.

Release the Shift key when the Safari window opens.

Also the screen is starting to show flashing horizontal lines, this is a brand new problem which also varies in intensity.

That may be a symptom of a hardware fault that only Apple will be able to fix. Please determine if the same problems manifest in "Safe Mode": How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2023 9:30 AM in response to berlinsummer

I understand upon opening the Safari app, it is unresponsive, and that you have to force it to quit every time.

Press and hold a Shift key while launching Safari again. That action opens Safari in windowed mode (not full screen) without opening its previously opened windows or tabs.

Release the Shift key when the Safari window opens.

That may be a symptom of a hardware fault that only Apple will be able to fix. Please determine if the same problems manifest in "Safe Mode": How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.

Safari totally frozen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.