Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone in black list

hi all!! some lady check my iphone 14 pro by serial number and sad me that my iphone serial number is in black list!! why it is? i buy this iphone new

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 6:23 AM

iCloud has nothing to do with whether or not your phone is on a carrier's stolen phone list. If you bought the phone second hand, it's quite possible that it was lost or stolen before it got to you and was reported by its original owner to their carrier. If that's the case, then only the original owner can have it removed.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2023 6:23 AM in response to NikolozAmirejibi

iCloud has nothing to do with whether or not your phone is on a carrier's stolen phone list. If you bought the phone second hand, it's quite possible that it was lost or stolen before it got to you and was reported by its original owner to their carrier. If that's the case, then only the original owner can have it removed.

Mar 28, 2023 7:10 PM in response to NikolozAmirejibi

"Some lady"? Did this lady happen to work for your cellular carrier? Or was she just some random person? Why was she checking this? Where was she checking it? If she didn't work for your cellular carrier, then contact your cellular carrier yourself and find out if the phone is actually on a stolen phone list.

Where did you buy the phone? Did you buy it from Apple or an Authorized Apple Reseller? If you did not, it wasn't actually new.

iphone in black list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.