Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone randomly sent my CURRENT location to someone whenever my phone was off when i was asleep

How did this happen i’m freaking out because I was asleep whenever it sent my current location and my phone was off??

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 4:16 AM

Your phone will not have shared your location unless it it been pre-set to do so - perhaps inadvertently.

Also, a phone which is indeed “off” couldn’t have sent anything. Did you perhaps mean to say that it was “locked?”

Regardless …

These checklists and guides might help you track-down - and stop - the cause of the behavior you’ve observed:

How to stop sharing your iPhone or iPad location – Apple Support (AU)

How to stop sharing your iPhone or iPad content – Apple Support (AU)

See who has access to your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (AU)

Personal Safety User Guide – Apple Support (AU)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2023 4:16 AM in response to animalplanet242

Your phone will not have shared your location unless it it been pre-set to do so - perhaps inadvertently.

Also, a phone which is indeed “off” couldn’t have sent anything. Did you perhaps mean to say that it was “locked?”

Regardless …

These checklists and guides might help you track-down - and stop - the cause of the behavior you’ve observed:

How to stop sharing your iPhone or iPad location – Apple Support (AU)

How to stop sharing your iPhone or iPad content – Apple Support (AU)

See who has access to your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (AU)

Personal Safety User Guide – Apple Support (AU)

My phone randomly sent my CURRENT location to someone whenever my phone was off when i was asleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.