Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ring tone volume drops after first ring

Why does my ring tone volume drop after first ring

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 7:42 AM

Hello Oldtimer49!

This may be because of Attention Aware Features. Basically, instead of continually ringing at full volume, your iPhone will detect when you are looking at it, hence believing you see the notification, therefore lowering the volume of the notification.

To see if Attention Aware Features are turned on, go to: Settings > Accessibility > Face ID & Attention.

The screen shot I will provide below will inform you more of Attention Aware Features if you read the caption beneath the aforementioned feature:

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2023 7:42 AM in response to Oldtimer49

Hello Oldtimer49!

This may be because of Attention Aware Features. Basically, instead of continually ringing at full volume, your iPhone will detect when you are looking at it, hence believing you see the notification, therefore lowering the volume of the notification.

To see if Attention Aware Features are turned on, go to: Settings > Accessibility > Face ID & Attention.

The screen shot I will provide below will inform you more of Attention Aware Features if you read the caption beneath the aforementioned feature:

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

Mar 29, 2023 7:45 AM in response to Oldtimer49

This is due to Attention-Aware features, which cause your iPhone to turn down the volume slightly when you look at the phone.

If you don't want to use this function, which also extends the time a notification is displayed on the Lock Screen when you look, you can disable it here: Settings Accessibility Face ID & Attention → disable Attention-Aware Features.

Ring tone volume drops after first ring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.