Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is vibration only alerts for selected apps on apple watch possible?

I have an iPhone 11 and an Apple Watch Series 3. I plan on upgrading both soon to 14/8.

What I want to happen on the watch is alerts to happen as vibration only on selected apps only. eg I still want sound and vibration for calls/texts, but there are other apps like my home security cameras that I want vibration only alerts as they can sometimes be frequent and can be annoying to others.

I also don't need sound alerts on the phone for some of these apps but turning off sounds for each app in phone settings also turns off vibration for each of those alerts from that app some unknown reason. Turning off 'mirror phone' does nothing to make the notifications settings customisable for ANY app in my watch app. I also noticed turning off 'mirror phone' for just one (any) app immediately turns off 'haptic alerts' turn mirror phone back on for that one app that is turned off and haptic alerts immediately turn back on without user interaction.

Is this an issue due to an older watch, is this a fixed issue in new watch series? Or is what I am wanting just not possible?

I don't think it is app developer related, it seems like it should be a simple option available for each app. Turn on/off sound and vibration as separate alerts.

If it affects the outcome, I usually have my phone switched to silent mode because all my alerts come through on my watch.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 8

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 8:37 AM

Yes, it is possible to set vibration-only alerts for selected apps on an Apple Watch. Here's how:

1. Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap on "Notifications".
  3. Scroll down to "Mirror iPhone Alerts From" and tap on it.
  4. Find the app you want to set to vibration-only alerts and tap on it.
  5. Under "Alerts," select "Custom."
  6. Under "Sounds and Haptics," turn off the toggle for "Sound."
  7. Under "Haptic Alerts," select the type of haptic feedback you want to receive (e.g. "Prominent," "Heartbeat," or "Custom").
  8. Adjust any other settings as desired.
  9. Tap "Done" to save your changes.

With these settings, you should now receive vibration-only alerts for the selected app on your Apple Watch.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2023 8:37 AM in response to Torment79

Yes, it is possible to set vibration-only alerts for selected apps on an Apple Watch. Here's how:

1. Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap on "Notifications".
  3. Scroll down to "Mirror iPhone Alerts From" and tap on it.
  4. Find the app you want to set to vibration-only alerts and tap on it.
  5. Under "Alerts," select "Custom."
  6. Under "Sounds and Haptics," turn off the toggle for "Sound."
  7. Under "Haptic Alerts," select the type of haptic feedback you want to receive (e.g. "Prominent," "Heartbeat," or "Custom").
  8. Adjust any other settings as desired.
  9. Tap "Done" to save your changes.

With these settings, you should now receive vibration-only alerts for the selected app on your Apple Watch.

Mar 30, 2023 3:19 PM in response to SravanKrA

First, thank you for your prompt response.

Second, I do not have customisable options.

In watch app "Notifications" I only have the option to toggle on/off "Mirror iPhone Alerts" for each app.

See snapshot: https://gyazo.com/7cc3b82a47639af32936b33e9cb384d0

I am using IOS 16.4 on iPhone 11 and 8.71 on Series 3 Watch.

Would location affect this feature's availability? I am in Australia. I see something akin to "some features are not available in all countries" when doing updates.

Is vibration only alerts for selected apps on apple watch possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.