Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trash wont empty

ON both my new mac mini pro m2 fully optimized

and

on my MAX M1 STUDIO

both with VENTURA 13.3

if i trash any item this comes up and the line goes back and forth without stopping

i cannot get it to empty the trash can unless i click on the far right X

this takes 2 tries sometimes this has ever happened before and i have owned

macs since 1996. This is happening now every time i trash any item what so ever ....

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 11:39 AM

Luis,

i cant thank you enough for your expertise.

Etrecheck found this as a major issue and an option to remove which i did.

since then the trash empties beautifully like it should. on my other MAC i did a full restore cleaned the drive and just reinstalled the MacOS 13.3 like a new computer. NO problems with trash can.

I want to thank you again and again.

GL

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2023 11:39 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Luis,

i cant thank you enough for your expertise.

Etrecheck found this as a major issue and an option to remove which i did.

since then the trash empties beautifully like it should. on my other MAC i did a full restore cleaned the drive and just reinstalled the MacOS 13.3 like a new computer. NO problems with trash can.

I want to thank you again and again.

GL

Mar 31, 2023 8:14 AM in response to glosackmd

The files being Deleted were Original Located where.

Since joining the Apple Eco System somewhere around 2003 - 2004 in OS X 10.4 Tiger, have never experienced this type of issue

Only exception was when I know very little and attempted to Trash Snap Shot made by TM Backup and from the TM Backup Drive

Then, there was the case where the External Drive was formatted as exFat and tried to Empty the Trash which has thousands of files from the exFat Drive in Trash

Trash wont empty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.