Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fusion Drive issue

hi

I can't quite figure this out, I'm sure it's simple, well, maybe.

I have a 2015 iMac, I erased the hard drive to start again, I had some issues getting to restart after erase the hard drive. I eventually managed to get it to reinstall MacOs, it's loaded El Capitan.

But when running, it only sees the SSD, 23gb drive, not the entire Fusion Drive, or even the HDD seperately in Finder.

So, looking at the disk utility, that doesn't seem right, but not sure how best to resolve this.

Also, I cannot access the Terminal from disk utility on recovery mode.

I don't believe there is any issue with the HDD, it's just that the partitions are wrong? I'm assuming/hoping, once I resolve the partitions in disk utility, then the Fusion Drive might start operating normally?

Thanks for any help.

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 1:24 PM

See if this Apple document helps: How to fix a split Fusion Drive - Apple Support (CA)

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 30, 2023 2:43 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for the responses Toad. The mistake I was making was not entering the correct recovery mode. I was holding Cmd R, and not Cmd, shift, Option R. When I did that I had access to the terminal in recovery mode, which then meant the instructions worked, and looks like I have 1 HD, full size.

Just downloading various os updates

thanks very much for the responses.

Fusion Drive issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.