Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Black or Blue on one side

Hello,

My MacBook Pro is about a year old. On the right side of my computer always turn light blue, black, or different shades of colors. What can I do to fix this? It's been happening here and there for a few months. It comes and goes. I already tried to restart my MacBook but it still gives me the same issue.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 7:13 PM

I think you will most likely need to have the laptop repaired as you most likely have a bad Display Assembly.

At most I think all you can try is to modify the Display System Preferences/Settings to a different resolution, then change it back to the default to see whether it gets to full screen. If it is an Intel Mac, then you can try a PRAM Reset (hold for two chimes if possible).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2023 7:13 PM in response to Bekah144

I think you will most likely need to have the laptop repaired as you most likely have a bad Display Assembly.

At most I think all you can try is to modify the Display System Preferences/Settings to a different resolution, then change it back to the default to see whether it gets to full screen. If it is an Intel Mac, then you can try a PRAM Reset (hold for two chimes if possible).

Macbook Pro Black or Blue on one side

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.