Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I back up my 2022 MacBook Air M2 to iCloud?

Is it possible to back up my 2022 MacBook Air M2 to iCloud or do I have to use an external device for back up?

MacBook Air, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 2:39 PM

Apple does not offer a backup to iCloud for macOS.

Desktop and documents can be shared, but that's definitely not a backup.

Local Time Machine backups can be to an attached HDD or SSD, or to network attached storage on your local network.

The latter avoids having to connect the storage, as it will work while connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

The Network Attached Storage must support the Apple Time Machine protocol. Synology offers NAS that do support that, among other vendors.

There are other vendors that offer backup apps, as well.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2023 2:39 PM in response to EricL808

Apple does not offer a backup to iCloud for macOS.

Desktop and documents can be shared, but that's definitely not a backup.

Local Time Machine backups can be to an attached HDD or SSD, or to network attached storage on your local network.

The latter avoids having to connect the storage, as it will work while connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

The Network Attached Storage must support the Apple Time Machine protocol. Synology offers NAS that do support that, among other vendors.

There are other vendors that offer backup apps, as well.

How do I back up my 2022 MacBook Air M2 to iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.