Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I fix my search capabilities in my Calendar for iPhone?

How do I fix my search capabilities in my calendar? It worked before and now it’s not. Tried different things but have not been successful. Ideas??

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 10:26 PM

If you're having trouble searching for events in the Calendar app on your iPhone, here are some things you can try to fix the issue:

1. Make sure that the event you're looking for is actually in your calendar. If you recently added the event, it may take a few moments to appear in your search results.
  2. Check that your Calendar app is up to date. Go to the App Store and see if there are any updates available for the app.
  3. Restart your iPhone by pressing and holding the power button until the "Slide to power off" message appears, then swipe the slider to turn off your device. After a few seconds, press and hold the power button again to turn your iPhone back on.
  4. Check your Calendar search settings. Open the Calendar app, tap on the "Search" icon in the bottom right corner of the screen, then tap on the "i" icon in the search bar. Make sure that all of your calendars are selected and that the "Search events" option is turned on.
  5. Try a different search term. If the search term you're using is too specific, it may not return any results. Try using a broader term or a different keyword.
  6. Also, check if the calendar event that you are searching is added to the Account and Calendar is enabled. Please see the pic below

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2023 10:26 PM in response to 327_Questions4You

If you're having trouble searching for events in the Calendar app on your iPhone, here are some things you can try to fix the issue:

1. Make sure that the event you're looking for is actually in your calendar. If you recently added the event, it may take a few moments to appear in your search results.
  2. Check that your Calendar app is up to date. Go to the App Store and see if there are any updates available for the app.
  3. Restart your iPhone by pressing and holding the power button until the "Slide to power off" message appears, then swipe the slider to turn off your device. After a few seconds, press and hold the power button again to turn your iPhone back on.
  4. Check your Calendar search settings. Open the Calendar app, tap on the "Search" icon in the bottom right corner of the screen, then tap on the "i" icon in the search bar. Make sure that all of your calendars are selected and that the "Search events" option is turned on.
  5. Try a different search term. If the search term you're using is too specific, it may not return any results. Try using a broader term or a different keyword.
  6. Also, check if the calendar event that you are searching is added to the Account and Calendar is enabled. Please see the pic below

How do I fix my search capabilities in my Calendar for iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.